My family was sporting around in a 2013 Kia Sorento this past week. Actually, we were in 2 different Kia Sorentos! Jerome and my girls took one camping in Heber, AZ, while I was in NYC with girlfriends. This is when the love affair started…I loved the look of the vehicle, but that didn’t make me fall completely in love.
What turned me “head over heels” in love?
Both of the trips our family experienced last week required massive amounts of storage space. And the Kia Sorento delivered. Not only did it deliver that storage space, it did so in style!
- Excellent storage space
- Excellent fuel efficiency (even when loaded to the gills with luggage)
- Handling around the curves in the mountains was very tight and steady, almost like a sports car
- Backup Camera (extremely helpful when the vehicle is loaded as pictured above)
- BlueTooth connection between the Radio & your phone or other BlueTooth capable device. This makes long car rides fun, as you can use the playlists directly from your phone to your sound system. Also, allows for hands free phone calls.
- Built In Navigation System (extremely helpful for those of us that were new to the New York City area)
- 60/40 Split back seat came in handy when we needed to have one more area for a piece of luggage.
- The ability to do some off-roading, however, we didn’t do any of this, there was a lake that had a dirt road to get to it. The Kia Sorento handled it like a champ.
All in all, the Kia Sorento took us where we wanted to go, in style while using very little fuel. I can’t be more impressed.
Some quick specs:
- Fuel Economy: 22 MPG City / 32 MPG Highway
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- Side Curtain Airbags for both the 1st and 2nd rows
- 4 wheel disc brakes
- UVO Powered Infotainment system
- Infinity Surround Sound
- Panoramic Sunroof
Some of these features were not part of the standard package, but were on the vehicle we were given to drive.
Thank you to Kia Motors for allowing me to test drive this vehicle for this week. This did not affect my review in any way. Also, the Paypal cash giveaway is not sponsored by Kia, it is sponsored my Alpha & Omega Mobile Computer Services and MyCouponLady.com. I have received no compensation for this review or this giveaway.
Now for the giveaway portion of this review. Yes, I wish I were giving away a Kia Sorento, but No, I am not. I am giving away $25 in Paypal cash. Just enter on the Rafflecopter below.
Picture Credit – Lower Right completely full Sorento picture was courtesy of MidgetMomma.com as we were in that vehicle (fully loaded) together!